We are currently consulting council workers and school support staff on the pay offer from the National Employers. This is known as NJC pay. You are currently being asked to vote on whether you accept or reject the pay offer. You should have received an email vote or postal vote (if you don’t have an email).
Please vote by 20 September.
The offer is
- A one year pay offer, payable from 1 April 2022, for £1,925 on all pay points
- 4.04% increase on allowances
- Deletion of SCP1 from 1 April 2023. This is without prejudice to future negotiations regarding next year
- Increase of one day in annual leave for all staff from 1 April 2023
- No increase in NJC mileage rate, but the Local Government Association will be writing to HMRC to lobby them to increase their rates
- Completion of the work of the joint term time only review, discuss family leave and pay, and discuss homeworking policy
- Rejection of our claims for a COVID payment, a homeworking allowance, and a reduction in the working week
The headline offer is worth 10.5% at the bottom end of the pay spine. More than three-quarters of staff would get at least a 6% pay rise.
If you haven’t got an email vote yet you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote your membership number (found in emails from your branch) when you make the request.